This procedure should allow the Basis team to create a RFC connection in any SAP server.
1. Logon to SAP server
2. Use Transaction Code SM59
3. On SM59 screen click on “Create” button
4. On the new screen, give RFC destination name – Name by which the connection would be identified
5. Give Connection Type ( 3 for any SAP to SAP communication ) F4 Help will list down all possible types of connections
6. Give Description for the RFC Connection – Generally the purpose of the connection is mentioned here
7. Click SAVE
8. Give IP address/Host name and system number for destination server in Technical Settings tab
9. Click SAVE
10. Use “Test Connection” to check RFC.
11. If Trusted RFC connection is required, give user credentials in “Logon/Security” tab