Language Installation in SAP with SMLT
Steps to install extra languages in to a SAP system.
1. Download Language DVD from SAP Service Market Place suitable to your SAP ECC version(e.g SAP 4.7, ECC 6.0 etc)
2.Place .PAT files to EPS/in folder.
3.Login to SAP in client 000 with Admin user.
4. Execute SE38
5. Execute program RSCPINST
6.Add an entry for the language you are willing to install.
7. Execute transaction SMLT
8. Create a new entry in SMLT for the required language. Give Supplementation language as English.
9.Click on the Import Language/Package symbol next to newly created entry for your language.
10.Default path is set to EPS/in folder, where it will search for the .PAT file required.
11.Found language should show either Green or Yellow button. If it is showing Red button it means you have downloaded the wrong source. Double check on SAP Service Market Place and download the right source files.
12. Press Execute to install the selected Language.
13.Monitor the import process in SM37 and Import transport logs.
14.Once installation get finished go to SE38, execute RSCPINST.
15. Click on Simulate button and copy new value for parameter zcsa/installed_languages.
16.Go back and activate the settings.
17. Go to RZ10 and change instance profile.Add new parameter zcsa/installed_languages and set its value as suggested in point 15 above.
18.Restart the SAP instance and try login with new Language.
19. Go to SE38
Select the newly installed language and press OK
It will show you the support packages whose language parts you want to import.
20. GO to Next screen.
Copy the PAR or CAR files to EPS/in folder for all support packages showing in RED.
This will import the language specific parts of those support packages.
Press Import Language Data and Overwrite.
It will show you the message “The Support Package Language Data was imported correctly.All system languages are up to date.
21. Next step is to copy the client specific data to required client.
Login to yr non default client or product client.
Go to SE38 and execute RSREFILL.
22. Refference Language EN
Language to be updated Newly installed one
Update Mode I
Log Directory sapmnttrans*.snd
23. Go to SE38
Select your language from drop down
Press Client Maintenance with Customizing Translations