Importing a SPAM/SAINT Update
A SPAM/SAINT Update (SPAM update for short) contains updates and improvements to Support Package Manager and Add-On Installation Tool. There is always one SPAM update for each release.
The latest SPAM update is also available in SAP Support Portal, under service.sap.com/spManager.
Make sure you always have the most recent version of SPAM update before importing Support Packages or Installation Packages.
You can only import a SPAM update if there are no terminated packages in the system.
A dialog box informs you if there are any terminated packages. You then have two options:
● Import the entire queue to begin with and then the SPAM update.
● Delete the queue, import the SPAM update, then import the queue.
You can only delete the queue if module Import 1 has not yet started (up to phase SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP).
1. Call Support Package Manager (transaction SPAM).
2. Check if the SPAM update offered is newer than the one in your system.
3. To import the most recent SPAM update, choose Support Package ® Import SPAM update.
SPAM updates are automatically confirmed once they have been imported.